Being proactive about your pet's health is one of the most important aspects of wellness care. It may not always be clear whether or not your pet is sick as many animals, especially exotics, will hide their sickness for as long as they can. That is why the veterinarians and technicians at Broadway Oaks Animal Hospital are committed to educating pet owners on what to look for and early warning signs of larger issues.
Schedule a visit if you notice any of the following signs and behaviors:
- Changes in mobility such as difficulty standing up, trouble with stairs, limping, or a decrease in play activity
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Excessive drinking and/or urination
- Loss of appetite or lethargy
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting
- Skin lumps, bumps, or irritations
- Bad breath, plaque on teeth, or bleeding gums
- Ear odors, redness, scratching, or head shaking
Should your pet exhibit any abnormal signs, symptoms, or behaviors it can never hurt to bring them in to be examined by one of our veterinarians. Should your pet require treatment, Broadway Oaks Animal Hospital has a wide range of treatments and is able to perform several procedures to set your companion down the path to recovery.